Sunday, October 8, 2017

#SixSentenceSunday ~ Relic a Blood Courtesan Romance



Good morning everyone! Today, we're experiencing Nate, which is the awesome second Tropical Storm we've had here in Alabama this season. I can only imagine what will happen this winter. ;) So, since it's raining and dreary outside, it's the perfect time to expound on the things that go bump in the night. 

Today, I bring you Relic which will be out at the first of the year. Relic is about a girl Cyra, who is thrust in to a situation because of her mother, and must find sanctuary and help within the walls of the Rising Sun, a vampire club of sorts which is owned by Kade Lafontaine. Check it out!


My fingers danced over the touch pad, dialing the number. The phone rang several times. My heart sank. 
“What?” The rough tone of the man’s voice who answered, surprised me.
“Is this not The Rising Sun?” Perhaps I called the wrong number. Or they changed it without updating their site.
“It is.”
“Your phone skills suck.” My heart gave a heavy thump.
“Says the woman who woke me from my slumber. What do you want?” 
“I’m sorry,” I apologized. “I’d have called at a later time if it weren’t a matter of life and death.”
“Why is everything a life and death situation when it comes to you humans?” His nonchalant tone, rankled my nerves.
“My mother stole something. I don’t know what or from where, but now they’re out to get me. She told them I have whatever they’re searching for.”
“And you believe I can do what for you?” 
“Help me.” Asshole. This is why I didn’t deal with vampires, or any of their ilk. They thought themselves so superior. 
“I have one question.”
“I had a sneaky suspicion you might.” I hated these games. I only needed a yes or no answer.
“Did you take the relic?”
I scrunched up my face, and pulled the phone from my ear, had he just asked me if I took the item, even after I’d said, I didn’t? “Did you miss the part where I said I don’t have it?
He growled. The sound sent my body into a tailspin. I tingled from head to toe. My sex ached and my nipples hardened. 
“Answer the question, Cyra Young.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 1 - Fighting for Brittney

Chapter 1 Seventeen years later... “Remember, this is a working trip. Listen to Shiro, Oz or Lars when they tell you to d...