Friday, July 31, 2015

Contract accepted ~ A Wolf's Contract

Announcement time! A Wolf's Contract has been contracted by Decadent Publishing. It will be another story for the Black Hills Wolves! Here is a little unedited excerpt to tie you over! ©2015 TLReeve

“Of all the people who could’ve been looking for me, it’s you.” His muscular frame settled in the chair next to the table where she’d been working. “If you’re thinking about killing me, it won’t happen, Gabby.”

Her heart lurched. Adrenaline kicked in along with her fight or flight instinct. The way he gazed at her like a predatory animal, made a silver of unease wiggle through her. “Well, at least we know where we stand, Kru,” she said, straightening her shoulders. “And, you should know the real reason I asked you here.”

“Why don’t you explain it for me, beautiful? I’m having a hard time remembering,” he drawled, while giving her a smoldering look.

“You know damn well what I’m talking about,” she snarled, amazed at his relaxed posture. He eased the curtain open a little then glanced back over at her, waiting for her to continue. “Do I have to spell it out?” Anger replaced her apprehension.

“No, but I’d like your assessment of that night. I’m almost positive you were the one in Craven’s office that night. Tell me what you saw.” He folded his hands in his lap, like he didn’t have a care in the world.

She curled her tongue against her cheek and nodded. “Okay, cabrĂ³n. We’ll play this game.” Gabby sat forward in her chair, her hands trembled with repressed anger. “I saw your ass storm into my brother’s office, gun drawn, like you were going to kill him. Which means only one thing, you were contracted.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 1 - Fighting for Brittney

Chapter 1 Seventeen years later... “Remember, this is a working trip. Listen to Shiro, Oz or Lars when they tell you to d...